If your bedroom only serves one purpose (to sleep!), it might be time to rethink your decorating scheme. Designing a bedroom can be overwhelming and downright frustrating, but we’re here to tell you that it doesn’t have to be.
Your bedroom is your personal sanctuary — the one room where you should be able to kick back in order to rest and rejuvenate.
To help make this space truly special, bespoke fitted bedrooms specialist Norwood Interiors has taken a look at some of the top bedroom trends of the moment that you should work into your abode.
Transform your bedroom today with the following home improvement tips:
An interior trend that is just as popular in 2016 as it was in 2015, Scandinavian style means minimal clutter, the use of bare materials and giving a room a bright and clean atmosphere by means of minimalism.
Here are a few ways to go down the Nordic path with your bedroom today:
- Choose a grey and off-white colour palette, along with warm wooden accents.
- Drench your bedroom in plenty of natural light by choosing not to hang curtains.
- Keep floorboards bare.
- Accessorise with lots of indoor plants.
- Opt for clever furniture with hidden compartments which will keep stuff stored out of sight when they aren’t in use.
We have already touched on bringing wood into your bedroom with a Scandinavian-inspired setting, but another way to use the material to great effect in this space is by using reclaimed wood.
A favourite with eco-conscious homeowners, reclaimed wood also brings textural beauty to a bedroom when it’s used as the material of choice for your room’s accent walls. It seamlessly blends into any style of the bedroom too.
Hoping to introduce more reclaimed wood into your bedroom? Everything from side tables to ceiling inserts and a custom bed can be designed to great effect with this material.
After a few years of taking a back seat when compared to painted walls and statement walls, wallpaper is popular once again in the decorating world. That is especially so with removable wallpaper as it gives you the flexibility to easily update your look more often by simply peeling off the wallpaper like a sticker.
A great way to usher in colour and contrast to your bedroom, you have a few options available to you when it comes to using wallpaper:
- Opt for understated wallpaper and you’ll be able to add a new pattern to your bedroom without causing too much disturbance to the current colour scheme of the space.
- Go for a vibrant pattern and your bedroom will come alive with the new decoration.
- Choose to wallpaper only the smaller sections of your bedroom when you’re still working out whether this will be the best way to decorate the room.