Gifting doesn’t have to be wasteful or unnecessary, and practical gifts don’t have to be boring. Seep’s Christmas collection will have even the laziest cleaner excited, with a range of gift sets packed with biodegradable household essentials that are gentle on the planet, pleasing on the eye (so much so, you’ll probably want to keep something for yourself!) – and what’s more, quality is never compromised… they work!
Carrying out everyday chores in the home is a tiresome and sometimes gruesome task. Whilst many of us have switched our cleaning chemicals to be more in line with the environment, the tools that we clean with, or use, remain laden with plastic – mainly because there are no other options available. But now, with Seep, there’s no excuse! After all, small, greener choices can add up to a bigger change, and what better time of year to encourage your friends and family to make the switch.
The Seep Christmas collection consists of a Sustainable Cleaning Hamper, Secret Santa Gift Set and Sustainable Stocking Fillers, to suit all budgets & provide a perfect range to tick off all the New Year cleaning to-dos! Each set will come with a Christmas card with some downloadable sustainable tips, offer codes and a specially-curated cleaning playlist ❤
Seep Christmas Sustainable Cleaning Hamper
Perfect for anybody wanting to reduce their plastic footprint going into the new year, this Sustainable Cleaning Hamper includes a range of products for an ultimate New Year clean up and will last well into Spring. It contains:
- Pack of 4 Sponge Scourers – These are the best-looking sponges on the market! Made with entirely renewable materials like wood pulp and natural loofah fibres, they’re highly absorbent, long-lasting and durable. Being 100% compostable, when they’ve reached their lifecycle (typically one month) the entire sponge can be placed in a kitchen composter or garden compost bin where it will naturally start to break down.
- Compostable All-Purpose Sponges – For the bigger washing tasks, these two-pack of sponges are made from cellulose wood pulp. Perfect for washing down bikes and cars to the kitchen table or bath. This can also be placed in a garden compost bin where it will naturally start to break down.
- Bamboo Washing up brush – the Seep Plastic-Free Bamboo Dish Brush is your new best friend for efficient washing up that protects the planet too! Made with FSC-certified bamboo and natural sisal bristles, the brush is soft enough to protect even your best crockery, whilst tough enough for even the most stubborn washing-up tasks.
- Compostable Rubber Gloves – The Seep Fair Trade FSC-certified Rubber Gloves mean you can look good whilst protecting your hands (and the earth!). In a beautiful turquoise, they’re made with 100% plastic-free natural latex fairtrade rubber. What’s more, they’re completely compostable at the end of their lifecycle. Give the gift of soft hands this Christmas.
- Recyclable Copper Scourers – Brand new this September and designed to bust away those dirty dishes without harming both your crockery and the planet, the Seep Copper Scourer is not only 100% recyclable, but naturally antibacterial and non-rust.
- Organic Cotton Tea Towels – Made with 100% certified organic cotton, this twin-pack of tea towels look as good as they feel. Dyed using water-based inks and sourced from GOTS cotton plastic-free, they’re the perfect addition to the kitchen sink… especially after all that Christmas dinner washing up!
Seep was founded by Laura Harnett, a former director at Selfridges, during the lockdown of 2020. Identifying a huge gap in the household market, Laura was left frustrated at the sea of plastic that awaited her every time she went down the cleaning aisle. Noting there were lots of emerging eco brands in the cleaning spray and detergent category, it became apparent that it wasn’t the same for the rest of the household essentials such as sponges, cloths, bin liners and dustpans.
With Seep, the company is building a range of plastic-free, compostable household essentials that look slick, work brilliantly and are gentle on the planet.