A beanbag is one of the most comfortable chairs you can own. It needs proper care to ensure it will envelop you in comfort year after year. Taking care of a beanbag chair is not difficult and does not require a lot of work. With these simple tips, you will learn how to care for your beanbag chair like a pro.
Why Do Beanbag Chairs Need Care?
Like any furniture in your home, a beanbag chair needs proper care to ensure it remains soft, supportive, and beautiful. From bean bag covers to cleaning tips, you will learn all you need to know as you read further.
A beanbag chair can take on a lot of abuse, but treating it properly with a few maintenance steps will keep it in sound shape for many years to come. Proper care begins with the following steps.
Easy Steps for Maintaining a Beanbag Chair
Cleaning a beanbag chair is carried out according to the type of cover. Most beanbag chairs contain zippers, no matter the material of the cover. It is important to first unzip the cover and pour all the beans inside a garbage bag so they will stay nice and dry while you clean the cover.
The following steps will help you clean your beanbag effectively.
- If the beanbag has a cloth cover, you can vacuum it to remove any pet hair or dirt and debris. Vinyl or leather covers can also be vacuumed or brushed.
- Visually inspect the beanbag chair for any signs of damage. If the cover has holes or worn spots, now is the perfect time to mend them. If there is a lot of damage, it may be time to choose a new cover.
- If the cover is cloth and machine washable, washing it in a washing machine is the best way to remove stains and smells. Pre-treat any major stains so they will come out in the wash.
- It is wise to allow your beanbag chair cover to dry completely before re-stuffing. If possible, hang it out in the sun until it is dry.
Did you know you can re-stuff a beanbag chair if it has lost volume? Just make sure the beans you put inside of your cover are clean and are the same type. Beanbag maintenance will help to ensure your beanbag chair remains the most comfortable chair in the house.
How to Remove Odors
Beanbag odours develop over time. Maybe your dog took over your favourite beanbag chair and now it has an unpleasant smell. Thankfully, there is a way to remove odours and keep your beanbag chair smelling nice and fresh between washings.
There are three methods for removing odours from a beanbag. Always check with the care instructions of your bag before you take any of the following steps.
- Mix together equal parts of white vinegar and water and pour them in a spray bottle. Gently mist the surface and allow to air dry.
- Use a fabric refresher spray to mist away from the odours.
- Sprinkle with baking soda and then vacuum.
Cleaning and maintaining your beanbag chair is not very difficult. If you take the above steps, you will find your beanbag chair always looks fresh and feels inviting. Cleaning your beanbag chair a few times a year will keep it looking and feeling like new.