Tips for Your Most Successful Spring Clean Yet

Follow

Spring cleaning is cathartic. It gives you the chance to not only go through what you own, but to let some things go. Completing a spring clean however, won’t solve any problem if your goal is to free up some space in your home. There are only so many nooks and crannies after all and items can pile up quickly. That is why a single spring clean isn’t enough – an entire attitude change and strategy must be implemented first:

1. Go Minimal

This year when it’s time for your spring clean, get a few extra hands on deck. Before you set them loose on their belongings, ask these questions:

a. Have you used it in the past three months?
b. How many do you have?
c. Does it really matter to you?

It can be very difficult to let go of your possessions, especially if you have sentimental attachments to it. The goal of the spring clean is not to throw those away, but to weed out the items you do not use and do not care for. When you and your family are going through your belongings, sort through items that need to be trashed, recycled, donated or stored away.

2. The Capsule Wardrobe

When you are going through your spring clean, it’s time to reimagine your wardrobe. Affordable fashion has given us many choices in terms of style, however, it means that we now only wear approximately 20% of what we own. The goal of a capsule wardrobe does not necessarily have to mean that you donate the other 80% either. Instead, set aside your clothes by season and store the rest until the time comes.

3. Storing Your Hobbies

Many of us have hobbies, and most of them take up a lot of space within the home. Rather than have a crafts corner or sports equipment knocking about the house, contact Morespace Storage for a self storage unit, that’ll keep your hobbies safe and sound and your home cleaner. Many of these self storage units are also large enough for you to keep any collections safe and away from harm.

4. What to Consider Before You Buy

All your hard work can be made to waste if you do not also follow up with more conscious spending habits. It’s easy to fill our homes up with items that we do not need, which is why before we buy anything, we should always ask ourselves:

1. How long do I expect to have it?
2. Do I already own something similar?
3. Can I go without it?

You can maintain all the good you’ve done with your spring clean simply by being wiser about what you buy. Not only will this keep your home clean, but it will also save you and your family money.

We live in a society of things, but more often than not with things we do not need. Free yourself of clutter with these tips and maintain cleanliness with better spending habits.